Saturday, September 09, 2006

Well The Cat Likes Me

At least I think she does. This is really my animal, she was gotten for my oldest daughter after her cat was ran over by a car around 8 years ago. After a year or so she really took up with me and stays close by most of the time when I'm home. Of course she doesn't do much; eat, sleep, walk around a bit. Her name is "Pissy", don't ask me why, there isn't really a reason.

This animal has a distinct personality. She is a picky eater, only cares for certain foods and demands them prepared for her the way she wants them. She also does things most normal cats don't do; walk on a leash, lie on her back in your arms like a baby and allow small children to pet her as well. As far as water, she can almost say the word when she wants it and she won't drink from a bowl. You have to turn on the faucet and it has to be the right flow for her to be pleased.

So what does all of this have to do with anything? For one I think our animals are an extension of ourselves. They have a way of calming you down at times you need a friend, they love you for what you are and never really see your mistakes in life. As long as you give in return to them what they offer to you, a good friend can be found. When I was growing up we only had dogs, I never really cared for cats. Now I have both, two of each but a cat is easily the choice for an inside animal. You don't really choose to own a cat, they choose to live with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home