Friday, October 06, 2006

A Year Or A Day

Well today is an anniversary of sorts for me. One year ago on this date I had major by-pass surgery after the doctors warned me I would not live till Christmas. It took me six months to fully recover from all the problems and side effects, but now everything appears normal. Although thirty one pounds lighter I see no effects of problems I had before this date. I can do things that before that time I had figured had passed my life by.

With all of this came certain mental changes in life. The appreciation of what one has, what is real and matters most. I may not be wealthy but I'm a rich man inside. Although I will have to monitor certain health issues for the rest of my life, at least now I feel confident inside that the strength to do so is there. I have been told on several occassions by other physicians who read my records and the doctors notes how lucky I am just to be here.

So today is a celebration of sorts to me. Not openly or that others may understand, but rather what I found and wish to keep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home